Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Grammar of Glamor

 As I wrote and published my post yesterday, I hesitated about publishing the word 'glamor'.

You see, I looked it up to be sure. Glamor is appropriate. It's just that most people are used to seeing it spelled 'glamour'.

The Mighty Red Pen did a great post about it here, for all the grammar nerds out there.

Here is the deal, I am used to seeing it spelled this way too...


Thanks Nicole, btw - you are fabulous.

But, I have this slight neurosis to deal with when writing this blog that comes in the form of those dreaded red squiggles. You know, the spelling ones.

See here:

 according to Microsoft
according to Google

Intriguing isn't it? Gah, what is a girl supposed to do?

I'll tell you what this girl does. This girl goes with less red squiggles.

Because that is glamorous. or glamourous. or whatever.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP