AKA, my husband the hero.
I just love this photo of him, swoon.
In the past two weeks, this guy has done all sorts of things for our home.
- Installed a new bathroom light fixture
- Painted the Mud Room floor and foundation bricks
- Installed a new light fixture in the mudroom
- Painted the hallway (using a 22 foot ladder and being REALLY high up...above stairs. I was scared for him.)
- Built a new set of stair for the mud room
- Ordered a new storm door to install next week! Yay!
- Replaced tons of outlets and light switches (they were all mismatchy, and I am slightly OCD...also 3 pronged outlets - yay!)
- Rewired bathroom light switch for a solely aesthetic purpose
- Tarred old chimney that may have been causing leaks into little sister's room
- Glued down loose pieces of approximately 100 year old hardwood floors
...and I think that's it. Whew. He did a lot. Love you babe, mean it.
And this weekend, he has volunteered himself for more!
Our backyard has already come a loooong way, but we are hoping to be able to actually get some landscaping and, dare I say it, GRASS out there this summer.
Hopefully this weekend though Austin will be completing a clothesline project (for all those cute cloth diapers to hang on that will be coming soon to Casa Gage) and building me a raised vegetable garden! (just the bed, I will do the planting...I'm not completely slacking here.)
Last year I did herbs (in individual pots) and already have the seeds starting inside the house for them this year...but this year I am also adding veggies to the mix! I may also be tackling composting, but we will see how much I can really handle with baby arriving as well.
I am pretty excited for spring to come and for fresh herbs and tomatoes.
Caprese from the garden anyone?